Crawford County Figure 8 Race Rules
1. All drivers must be at least 16 years of age to participate.
2. Any driver under 18 years of age must have written parental permission
(notarized) before they are allowed to participate.
3. The pit area will be restricted to pit passes only.
4. Any fighting or drinking in the pit area will subject the offender,
and the car he or she is associated with to suspension depending on the seriousness of the incident and the decision of the
official. The driver/owner of every car is responsible for his/her pit crew and their conduct. This includes fans and family
in the grandstand.
5. Absolutely no one is allowed in the scorer's booth other than officials.
6. No driver may get out of his car on the track to argue or discuss a situation
with the flagman or official. Violation of the rule will result in disqualification.
7. The racing officials will resolve any disagreement over the technical question.
When their decision is rendered, such decision is final and binding.
8. Official will determine all finishing positions and their decisions will be final
9. All glass must be removed.
10. All chrome or plastic trim and molding must be removed, including plastic grills,
taillights and parking lights. (Helps keep the track clean.)
11. Absolutely no profane words or suggestive pictures allowed
on cars. This is a family type of entertainment.
12. All cars must have an 18 inch by 18 inch sign on top of car with numbers on both
sides (or something similar in nature).
13. No three-digit numbers allowed.
14. All drivers must wear an approved helmet.
15. All drivers must wear a lap belt and a shoulder belt (factory belt ok).
16. Drivers door should have support for driver's protection.
17. Suggest using foam padding from seat on the inside of driver's door.
18. Doors must be secured shut (door comes open may be disqualified).
19. Roll bars and fire suits highly recommended but not mandatory as of yet.
20. If not a fire suit, must have long sleeve shirt, long pants and gloves while
21. Existing fuel tank under car or approved fuel cell and mount inside car.
22. NO (OPEN) ALCOHOLIC BEVERAGES ALLOWED IN THE PITS UNTIL THE EVENING EVENTS
HAVE BEEN CONCLUDED. NO EXCEPTIONS!
23. Cars and station wagons and minivans (Front wheel class and rear wheel class,
No all wheel class).
24. Bull work ok to make car last longer (If we catch you using it as a battering
ram we will make you cut it off).
25. All doors and trunk lid must be secure; if one opens the car will be disqualified.
26. All cars must have a hood and holes cut in it for access in the event of a fire
to shoot fire extinguishers in.
27. If using wire in window opening, use no larger than #9 wire, and no more than
three strands in each opening. No wire allowed in front door windows, left or right.
28. Radiator must stay (no engine radiators inside passenger compartment).
29. Battery may be moved to inner car area but must be fastened securely and covered.
No more than two batteries.
30. Advertising on your car is welcome but make sure your number is bright and big
on both sides and on the roof of your car (If not and you get scored wrong, it will be your fault).
31. All cars must pass inspection before the event starts. Tech inspector has the
right to refuse any car.
32. No Grader blades.
33. Will allow transmission coolers if done safely (Tech will decide).
34. Tires, no studs in powered wheels (studs can fly out). No implement tires (lugs
can fly off).
35. Drivers meeting before race at judges stand all must attend!
36. Family Event Keep Clean.
37. Reminder the more fans in the stands can mean more purse money (put on a nice
38. Rides for the kids went over well last year.
39. One car on the track at a time (Test and Tune). (One EMT and one fire truck required).
40. Theme cars help fill seat.
41. Special events if you drives have ideas contact us so we can make them happen.
(Examples: Musical Chairs with cars; Arion Buffalo Day, soccer with cars - would need two teams and we would find a ball or
something). Any ideas would have to be checked out by the fair board members. (To find if they are insurable and safe). Be
creative and fill seats.
Track Phone Number: 712-263-5306